Silicon Rubber Cables also known as Elastomeric Rubber Cables are an insulating material containing fine electrical properties, good chemical stability, flame retardancy, and superior resistance to heat and cold. These Cables are suitable for application in electric iron leads, reeling and unreeling and used in mining equipments. The key ingredients of Silicon Rubber Cables are unique raw silicon rubber gum and high-purity silica, which include characteristics of both inorganic and organic materials. Elastomeric Rubber Cables are quite a popular product with Rubber Cable Manufacturers.
The unique properties of Silicone Rubber Cables are:
- High Binding Energy: Due to the low intermolecular force Silicon Rubber Cables have a higher coil formation capacity. The form of Silicon rubbers are also highly stable and have a higher energy than that of carbon bonds thus such elements are chemical stable and provide a high electrical insulation.
- Heat and Cold Resistant: Silicon rubber materials can withstand high and low temperatures better than other organic rubbers. It can withstand 200°C for 10,000 hours or more and some products can withstand heat of 350°C for short periods. These materials can also withstand low temperatures of to -60° to -70°C and remain elastic.
- Weathering: Such materials have exceptional weather ability. Where ozone created by corona discharge rapidly deteriorates most organic rubbers, shows no such effect on Silicon Rubbers. Furthermore, these Rubber Cables exposed to rain, wind and UV Rays for long periods with no change in its physical properties.
- Moisture and Steam Resistant: Elastomeric Cables can be immersed in cold water or boiling hot water for long periods with absorbing only 1 percent of water and showing no effect on mechanical strength or electrical properties. Contact with steam also causes no deterioration.
- Resistant to Oil, Solvents and Other Chemicals: Silicon Rubbers are excellent resistance to oil at high temperatures, solvents and other chemicals. These material are also unaffected by polar organic compounds, dilute acids or bases, these rubbers do not dissolve or decompose in acids or other chemicals and return to their former state once removed from the solvent.
Such Cables also have copper or gold wires inside which are good conductors of electricity and is coated with Silicon Rubber outside to resist conducting electricity or heat for the safety of users. Due to such useful properties, Silicon Rubber Cables are used in almost every industry to improve the quality and functionality of products including electric and electronic equipments, automobiles and leisure products.
Relemac Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is a well trusted name among the Indian Rubber Cable Manufacturers & Suppliers. Relemac bring forth the most qualitative range of Rubber Cables including Welding Cable, H07RN-F Rubber Cables, H07RNF Flexible Heavy Duty Cable, Flexible Control Cable, Silicon / EPR Cable, Power Instrumentation Cable , and Thermocouple Cables etc.